Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Maui Film Festival 2010 (Next week!)

Next week is the Maui Film Festival. Precisely, June 16-20, 2010. You may recall from a year ago that I really enjoyed attending this festival, and this year I expect will be no different.

From the Celestial Cinema screenings under the stars, to the Taste of Chocolate (and other culinary events), to luminaries, and film screenings, panels, and dances, it promises to be quite the thing to behold.

This year, your favorite teen idol Zac Efron will be receiving the Shining Star award. He is expected to attend the Opening Night Party at Hotel Wailea at Capiche? restaurant, as well as the award ceremony and tribute preceeding the Wed, June 16th Celestial Cinema film Bran Nue Dae. Tickets are still available for both these events, so act now if you want to be amongst the screaming masses (not guaranteed).

Also receiving an award (the Beacon Award) is legendary surf filmmaker Taylor Steele. That event takes place at the Celestial Cinema on Thurs, June 17th, followed by his film "Castles in the Sky". Not to be missed! I'll be there.

In fact, I'll be attending most of these events, so look for me. I'll be the guy with the Polaroid attempting to get portroids of the festival's guests. I'll also be eating lots of chocolate and taking in some great films.

See you there!
Rick
portroids@hotmail.com

No comments: