Sunday, July 11, 2010

Comic-Con Pre-Planning 2010

As previously hinted, I will be attending San Diego Comic-Con International 2010 from July 22-25 as press for this very site (portroids.com). The preliminary schedule has just been announced, though there are some holes I still expect to be filled (I'm not going to tell you if that's what she said (but she did)).

I'm still working on press access for various panels and events, so I'm not yet ready to announce all my expectations and hopes for coverage (though please feel free to comment and tell me what you'd like me to attempt).

What I will do is show you a selection of some previously-portroided special guests already on the roster (or participating in events on the fringe) to whet your appetite, so ... here they are (in some sort of random order):

Kevin Smith
Chevy Chase
Bill Hader
Maria Bamford
Jonah Hill
Simon Pegg
Patton Oswalt
Edgar Wright
Jeffrey Tambor
Rob Huebel
Blair Underwood
Summer Glau
Nick Swardson
Chris Hardwick
Adam Scott
Lucy Lawless
Robert Ben Garant
Tim Heidecker
Denis O'Hare
Kaitlin Olson
Zeljko Ivanek
Eric Wareheim
Paul Feig
Matt Groening
Jack Glatfelter
Jamie Kennedy
Joe Lo Truglio
Jay Glatfelter
R2-D2 (rumored)
That's it for now. Once I know more of my schedule I'll start listing it here to give you an idea of which things I will be covering. The convention is so massive and there is so much overlap that I will really need to set my priorities and have a few back-ups if those fall through. I won't even tell you yet which things I'm excited about (Scott Pilgrim, The Event, Paul, Harry Potter, The Other Guys, Human Target, Hawaii Five-O, all the booths, The Expendables, DC Universe Online, Look Around You, Stan Lee, Chuck, Community, Furry sex parties (just seeing if you're paying attention), Venture Bros, V, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Walking Dead, Super, JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon, Megamind, TRON: Legacy, Salt, RED, slave Leia costumes, Dexter, Childrens Hospital, asthmatics, etc).

See you there!
Rick
portroids@hotmail.com

No comments: